Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 25 May 2018

A sitting Sparrow

When I saw the Eurasian Tree Sparrow sitting so quietly on the branch, I approached it just as quietly and thought it would fly off as I got nearer.  However, it remained where it was as I got really really close to it, I thought perhaps it had hurt itself or it was blind.


I stood observing it for seconds then decided to check it out to see if it really was hurt.  Looked like I was wrong as it took off suddenly as I went closer and closer.  Anti-climax indeed!




No comments: