Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 2 March 2019

Heron sojourn

This must be the longest stay for the Pond Herons, which I have mentioned that is probably the Chinese PH.  And I finally managed to get better images, and of two (as my encounter so far had been only one).
This one was standing quietly by the tree that I almost missed it. 

And this one was so rock still that I had to wait a while for it to move, and when it did, what big strides it took!



The next day one of them was at the other end of the taman, its normal spot, and enabled the best shots todate.

 


Looking good even if it's not in the open.


No comments: