Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 15 March 2019

More matured Flycatcher, and one other

It's time again for most migratory birds to fly home, up north where it's spring now.  So it's time too to catch some birds which will transit the taman on their journey home.  It's an interesting time because some birds will be assuming breeding plumage, and for some it means they have more striking plumage.
I managed to capture this female Yellow-rumped Flycatcher that looked more like a matured bird compared to the ones I saw before, those that arrived last year.  And now I would have to look out for the male which looks distinctly different with breeding plumage.







Unfortunately, I missed photographing the indian cuckoo which I only sighted (a fellow birder was more fortunate to have photographed it).  So, that would go down as an 'unlisted' migrant to the taman, in my personal list!

No comments: