Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 22 November 2020

From a distance

 I spotted the Brown Shrike even as it eyed me at the same time, and I was not even out in the open but by a tree thinking I had blended in, in camouflage attire.  Amazing!



And then I was taken aback when it suddenly flew down from else where for its feed.  Nevertheless I was excited to try and go for it on the ground as it's not often to see it down like this, and this time it was oblivious to my presence as it hopped about for its prey, perhaps because of it was pretty far off.




And its success did keep it down for longer than expected.




And then showing a momentary alertness before it continued its forage again.




And suddenly it decided to take off whilst holding on to its find, as if feeling threatened where it was.

So it was indeed a long shot for me for this bird in flight!





No comments: