Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 1 November 2020

Hawk-eagle in flight

 With this sighting I am able to correct my earlier error, identifying a brahminy kite in flight for a Changeable Hawk-Eagle.  I was alerted to this hawk-eagle by the  raucous white-breasted waterhens that obviously felt pretty uncomfortable with this one circling low although I thought that the waterhens would feel rather secure below in the dark of the undergrowth.


CMCO Day 18&19





It's quite delightful to realise that I managed to include a swallow flying close to the raptor, timely juxtaposition and illustration of size!



No comments: