Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Thursday 10 December 2020

From one raptor to another

 I thought that's it, my raptor day, when I left the changeable hawk-eagle so was thrilled when I spotted the smallest of them all, the Black-thighed Falconet (Microhierax fringillarius), just metres away.

With this small raptor, any birder's wish would be to see it flex, cute and adorable is simply understating its flexing movements.

And I waited, risking the dark clouds, and it did not disappoint when it started to fluff its body, a start.




Must have spotted me as it suddenly turned my way.


And this bird does put on a flexing display.



Another cute characteristic fan pose.


Another I-spot-you look.


Its third stretch before it takes off suddenly.  Can't ask for more!










No comments: