Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 8 July 2017

A small and big hit

The thrill of bird watching and photography comes in different forms.  I heard it, saw it, tracked it and got it, though not great shots!  But that's the thrill of chasing target.
     This Brown-throated Sunbird was as usual continuously on the move, even when it was feeding, just seconds then it was gone.  But nothing can dampen the 'got it' sensation!
     The next day, the same thrill was there, with a different bird.





This happened the next day when I spotted this big fella perching quietly.  I immediately clicked at it, even though I already had had numerous shots of the Crested Goshawk.  Since it was almost at eye level, which is so so rare, and for thrill sake, I approached it quietly and managed to get to less than 50 meters of it, and still it didn't move away.  This got me snapping away again although it was hardly an ideal open pose, coupled with unfavourable late afternoon light.  Still, I managed to move around snapping from different angles before I guess it decided that it had enough and flew off.
     Ahh, the thrill of another chase!









No comments: