Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Nature's lesson

When I came across this carcass of what looked like a Pink-necked Green Pigeon, I was aghast, what could possibly have happened, i.e. how did it die?  And after death, it's certainly not a pretty sight.       This reminded me of how the stately Brahminy Kite died and fell to the ground and would have fallen to this sorry state if it was not to be for me to bury it, which has now resolved my dilemma whether I had done the right thing to bury the bird.
     I can only say, nature offers powerful messages if only we pause and consider.  Yes, life and death is a cycle, is inevitable but one would want to go with dignity intact (birds cannot choose but man can!).


No comments: