Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 1 November 2017

And Junior Bulbul completes it

It's always ideal to be able to complete one's collection of any bird species, i.e. male, female and juvenile/sub-adult.  However, with common or garden birds, it's not easy at all to differentiate between male and female, but easy enough when it's the Junior, as with this sub-adult Stripe-throated Bulbul.  Since I've taken shots of a pair before, I guess I could say that now I've the complete family of this Bulbul.




Images of this pair were taken earlier in April, and I believe with the sub-adult, this is of a family as I've seen these birds flying away to a common area. 



No comments: