Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 19 October 2019

Bee-eaters galore soon

And so the other one has also arrived to complete the arrival of the Bee-eater species to the taman.  I managed to spot the Blue-tailed Bee-eaters the very next day after the Blue-throated ones which means I could happily place another tick in my list of migrants to the taman.
It's now increasingly common to welcome the two species in one location.
In these early days it looked like there was only this pair around, so here's to more sightings, which should not be difficult at all.






And as I walked on I saw this Blue-throated sallying in the air for insects and it was QED, with a successful catch each time.








No comments: