Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Never more confiding Hornbill

The iconic Oriental Pied Hornbill of the taman is one bird I cannot walk by without a shot, or more.  It was late evening and I was heading home when I spied it sitting low.  And it was so confiding this time, or more in a world of its own without nary a concern that I was approaching, clicking away and even when I was just feet away.




This was how un-self-conscious it was, tending to itself even as I was clicking away.


A smart-looking one whichever way one looked at it.

 


Eventually it simply flew right past me to a neighbouring tree before it shot off out of sight.



No comments: