Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 30 October 2019

The infrequent Woodpecker visitor

I have to say that this was only the second time for me to come across a Rufous Woodpecker in the taman.  It's not so regularly seen as the other Woodpeckers.  Nevertheless not even backlighting could prevent my excitement at this presence.  Fortunately it lingered just long enough for me to get some decent shots.




Without the harsh sunlight on it, its colours display best, and I would even venture to say that perhaps a well-known label could have even 'borrowed' its signature pattern from this winged one!




No comments: