Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Thursday 17 October 2019

Joy of Dove

With the ongoing fever with the appearance of the black-backed kingfisher, I'm truly guilty of deferring my posting of this gorgeous sub-adult of a Common Emerald Dove, a true bundle of joy.  The adult bird could be irregularly spotted in the taman, not easy though because this is another skittish bird as  far as I'm concerned.
However, this stunning beauty of a young bird truly gave me much pleasure when it flew in right into my sight, gave me untold moments of excitement and amble opportunity to shoot it, as it preened, and looked like it was enjoying its afternoon out.  It even allowed me to move about, admiring it from different angles, not the least disconcerted with my presence. Phew, a birder's dream!









No comments: