Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 16 February 2018

A CG chick in the taman!

What a thrill, a baby in the park!

Drawn by what sounded like a chick’s cry, I was super excited and desperately hoped that it could be what I thought it would be, a baby Crested Goshawk since it was coming from where I have seen the bird's nest.
And true enough, after some scanning, there was a chick!  And it looked like this one may be more than a month’s old already.
First I saw the male, then the female in the nest and what I thought was a partial chick's head.




And then the thrill of spotting the chick.



However, what was strange was also spotting this young adult near the nest.


It was certainly not easy trying to get a good view of the chick up high.



The very next day I was pretty lucky to spot the mother in the nest with the young chick.


And looked like I was spotted too!



Still trying to get good shots of the chick, from different angles.




Again this young adult was spotted, and it subsequently flew into the nest with a twig.



Meanwhile it was interesting to observe the chick preening.







I'm still trying to figure out whether there have been both  a young adult and a female adult seen at different times with the chick.  The following image seemed to be one of the young adult with the chick.


At another time it was this female adult.


 This was the fifth day I have observed the chick.





No comments: