Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 16 October 2018

An adorable Shrike

I find that I normally have to keep my distance when photographing Shrikes, unless these are juveniles as in this case, or perhaps new arrivals.
This juvenile Brown Shrike was so special because despite spotting me, it continued to perch, perhaps the breezy evening and its shady perch was too cosy, so too lazy to move on or fly off!



And it gave me an opportunity to admire it from a unique angle, looking just like 'a wise old man'!



And it continued to perch and perhaps dream a little, or human watch maybe!




And then there was another one metres away, definitely too shy to come out, and typically took flight immediately as I approached.


And then back to the other one that was still quietly enjoying itself, even as I left, actually outstaying me!



No comments: