Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 3 October 2018

This Wagtaill likes it here

I had wanted another opportunity to photograph the Grey Wagtail, after a poor attempt the first time this migrant was sighted.  And I knew it was still around but very sensitive, could sense my presence from really afar.  Then I got the opportunity, and it was a strange one, aided by the workers who were grass cutting.  The minute they stopped to rest, I rushed to the site, guessing that the bird would appear because it's all quiet now, and as if on cue, it did.

It was simply a delight to follow the bird, wagging, and practically strolling about, having the entire area to itself, such a pleasure to watch it!








No comments: