Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 16 March 2021

A pigeon out-look

 First the male Pink-necked Green Pigeon flew in.  I was happy because it was unusual to have this pigeon come down to ground.



Then I was thrilled when the female flew in unexpectedly, and my interest was piqued when she started to slide her way downward.





By now I had a vague idea where she was headed, then she she seemed to have an odd landing, facing backward.


I guessed there was no way for her to land properly given that narrow gap there.

And yes, she was heading for a drink.



Happiness!


And proceeded to dunk her head into the water.


A little self-conscious but she was well covered in the shade, or so she thought.


And how sweet, he had flown down to look out for her.  And she had her fill again without worry.


Sorry, I intruded but not sorry, you two were simply adorable!


Guess she was too self-conscious to continue, and he couldn't let her go alone.




Did he look like he was going to move in on her?



Bad me, still watching and she looked self-conscious.


She still couldn't take her eyes off me.


And now he noticed too.


Ah well, maybe it's not going to happen after all so he took to entertaining himself.





Sometimes it happened within a split second like in this case,  just a turn of the head, I took my eyes off them, and that's the last I saw of them.  

So no climax to this sweet story!





No comments: