Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 28 March 2021

Lesson from pond heron

 It did look like the Chinese Pond Heron, now looking almost in full breeding plumage, was trying to outdo me in waiting.

It spotted me even as I did it.



Then it merely stood there, looking in whichever direction it could whilst looking like it was keeping an eye on me.



Then it started to run towards me.


And to think that it was watching me!

It was merely an extremely patient hunter, standing there for almost 10 minutes before it made its move!








It turned round suddenly and I thought it had spied another prey.

And it sure did, and was successful too although minute this time.








No comments: