Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 15 April 2019

Cuckoos

The Little Bronze Cuckoo is one of the more frequent of cuckoo visitors to the taman.  This bird tends to keep to the tallest tree perching on the tallest bare branch which is a pity because it means that more often than not its gorgeous metallic bronzy green colours could not be fully appreciated.
I was alerted to the presence of this Cuckoo by its persistent whistling call although it took me a while to spot it as it sounded like it was calling from over the fence to where I was standing,  before it suddenly appeared up high.





I guess living adjacent to the taman has its perks.  The very next day I was surprised by the sudden appearance of the Plaintive Cuckoo as it descended for its catch in the Ixora shrubs.  Unfortunately I was in the car and only managed to capture its images through the screen before it flew off.



No comments: