Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 22 April 2019

Tailorbird flick

The Common Tailorbird is one of the super active birds and thus most challenging to shoot.  Coupled with its tiny size of 11-13cm, it can be an elusive subject.  Whenever I managed some shots, I do feel gratified, especially on this occasion when it appeared relatively distant and high up.
The Tailorbird is also one of the birds whose size belies its call.  It's a common resident bird and has the most amazing weaving skill, to which I had the privilege of witnessing when one weaved its nest in my balcony, whose calls also provided me with the most authentic ringtone ever.









No comments: