Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 4 November 2018

Catch of migrants

It's either a dream or a nightmare to come across a bird wave.  One can be spoilt for choice, one has to be decisive.  And this was what happened when I paused to get shots of the Blue-throated Bee-eaters and suddenly there was a bird wave.
The Bee-eaters got my attention because of their moulting state which displayed a rainbow of colours.





I quickly zoomed in as I spotted a green bird in the bird wave and was pleasantly surprised to spot this Blue-winged Leafbird, my first Leafbird in the bukit.




I guess the star bird was still the Amur Paradise Flycatcher, especially as this one was a male.

 
Waiting awhile to sight the rest of the birds that still lingered around, I finally got my other catch, this Eastern-crowned Babbler, in fact the very bird that I went to the bukit for.



The Asian Brown Flycatcher was everywhere as usual.


This Tiger Shrike was another surprise as I thought most have left.

No comments: