Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 31 December 2018

'Foraging' at Bukit Kiara

I have been pretty reluctant to walk Bukit Kiara simply because it's usually only common sightings and most of all, the birds sighted were always pretty high up and so made for frustrating photography to say the least!  However, recent 'foragings' have revealed more than a few surprises so I guess I should make more effort to do the walk.
As I have said, the birds were there but kept to canopy level making for less than ideal images, still not to be ignored!
It was both a surprise and heartening to sight the Everett's White-eye and I sighted two, but as usual coupled with the backlight, it was shooting almost blindly only to identify the bird after playback on the camera.  Unfortunately too, a quickly draining battery did not allow me to stay on to try and seek out the bird again.


I believe that the following sightings were of a male and female Green-backed Flycatcher, even though I'm unable to get their back view.  



The female stayed longer, yet kept to the top too.  As usual birds are sharp, spotting me from high up, or perhaps the lens' reflection drew its attention.
 



Bird waves are pretty common in Bukit Kiara, and the two Bulbuls were sighted earlier, amongst the yellow-vented and the stripe-throated bulbuls.  The Black-crested Bulbul also kept to canopy level unlike the Red-eyed.





No comments: