Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 20 July 2019

A not so common leafbird sighting

I was feeling rather unhappy when I got only a record shot of this bird which I guessed to be a Leafbird, a juvenile at that.



And then I was pleasantly surprised when walking on later I chanced upon the Blue-winged Leafbird, which in turn enabled me to ascertain the identity of the earlier juvenile.  This was good as it meant that there could be a growing population of this bird in the bukit.
Again unfortunately I could only manage less than satisfactory shots because of the distance, and these narrowed down eventually to the following decent four.



A cute shot though wasn't sure if this bird was trying to make me out from the distance!



No comments: