Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 19 July 2019

The Emerald one again

I have so wanted to get better images of the Emerald Dove ever since I first saw it in Bukit Kiara.  A week ago one gave me a glimpse and record shot only.  It was thrilling then when I came across one again (which I thought was the same) on this occasion, when I had almost given up.
And then to my delight, I discovered that the one I saw earlier was a female, and this time it was a male.

Female

And this one was a male, with its distinct white shoulder-patch, white eye-brow that extends to the back, and more grey on the head, and fresher looking green feathers.
And the poor female I saw earlier seemed to have seen better days.


I just had to track this one as it walked the stream, and foraged along its bank.








No comments: