Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 13 November 2019

A Drongo attractive nevertheless

It's simply a black bird but I've always wanted to have better images, not easy because it's normally viewed from afar.  So I finally got it, beautiful and not totally black.  The Crow-billed Drongo did give me ample opportunity, and more, this time to improve my shots.
This winter visitor has an unmistakable broad bill and white blotches on its underpart, so not at all sheer black.





Nevertheless when it flared its tail, it did look like it's with a black shroud.



The it showed off its metallic bluish-black back, so it meant I managed to have it covered from all angles.  Shalom!



And this will always remind me about how animals, and birds, do love a good stretch.






No comments: