Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 1 November 2019

Rare Cuckoo sighting

I didn't think I would have my next up close encounter so soon but I did when this confiding juvenile Rusty-breasted Cuckoo popped up, giving me extended proximity and time for some ideal images.  It could probably be the land works and noise in the vicinity that flushed it out.
I could sense its curiosity with me and my camera as it continuously cocked its head as I was clicking away.  It was not the least disturbed when I tried to lean closer but was only spooked and flew off when curious walkers approached.
This bird will certainly go down as a gem of a find for the bukit and also a first sighting for me here.








And then I almost lost it but spotted it again in the adjacent wooded shade.




No comments: