Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 1 November 2019

A regular migrant Cuckoo visitor

I spotted this in the bukit and was trying to get better images than the last time I saw it.  Unfortunately it managed to elude me.  Coming down from the bukit to the taman later on, I saw a similar one, probably the very same bird, sitting up high.
With the festive mood still heavy in the air and intermittent releases of fire crackers I was surprised to see this  Square-tailed Drongo-cuckoo sitting calmly.  Ironically the minute it spied me as I moved closer it flew off.
Similar to previous years, this bird has been seen then to spend time between the bukit and the taman.






No comments: