Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 27 October 2019

A long-awaited Cuckoo sighting

Ever since I sighted the Indian Cuckoo in the taman the year before, I've been dying to have a photographic record and have not been successful todate till I saw this one although it was in Bukit Kiara.  No matter though in the big picture.
I gather that this Cuckoo is a migrant and being so, could originate from the Indian sub-continent to Siberia, Korea or China.  It's known to keep to the upper canopy going for insects up there.

This female Indian Cuckoo did not make any sound at all, typically kept mainly to the upper canopy and I would have missed it if it had not flown about a couple of times.  I had to contend with these images for when I returned the next day it was nowhere to be found or heard.




No comments: