Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 22 July 2017

Bukit Kiara

I decided to take a walk to Bukit Kiara this morning to see what birds I could get for the same duration I would have spent in the taman.  I decided to stick to the tarmac road, and only took off shortly down a short beaten track.  Heard a lot of bird calls but due to the thick foliage it was not easy to spot them, thus the sightings were minimal.
     I spotted a number of Red-eyed Bulbuls and believe that the ones that come to the taman must have come from here.  The Blue-throated Bee-eaters must be residents here now.
     I would love to see the Pin-striped Tit Babbler in the taman but I suppose these tiny hyperactive birds would prefer the more forested bukit.  They were in a flock of four or five, constantly on the move, from the tree mid-storey to almost forest floor level and from tree to tree.


Blue-throated Bee-eater
Pin-striped Tit Babbler



Stripe-throated Bulbul
Red-eyed Bulbul

Pink-necked Green Pigeon (male)

Pied Triller

No comments: