Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Mixed emotions, Revelation disabled

Just as I walked on with a heavy heart after discovering the upcoming high-rise (looking at the height it has reached, construction had begun months before already, it was just hidden from sight until it reached this visible height), I was uplifted upon sighting the Brahminy Kite.
     It was truly a heartening sight because lately I had rarely seen it perch for long, at this usual spot, so I'm pretty sure that this could be the 'widow' or 'widower'.



And then, the next sighting truly set my heart a-soar!
     
The only downside here is I will have to keep mum about the species of these ....!  Suffice to say that I had seen the juveniles a few months back and thought they had been poached.  These birds, I believe are the ones I saw, have turned out to be a pair of male and female, sub-adults now.  The sighting of these birds truly truly made my day, but it also made me utter a fervent prayer that they would be able grow into adulthood and move away from the taman across to safer habitat.
     It is sad but I wish I could post their beauty here but as someone once said, better be correct from the heart than fear misunderstanding.  I would probably post the birds later when I could be more certain that the posting would not endanger them.  There are poachers in the taman.
     This decision whether to share or not, as of bird nesting or of nest, will always pose a dilemma to birders.  On the one hand, it would be great to share sighting yet on the other hand, the sharing could lead to the entrapment or poaching of the sighting.

     It looked like it was a morning for sighting juveniles because I then came across these juvenile  Zebra Dove, Brown-throated Sunbird, and with a male adult, all in the same area.
     It's truly a morning of mixed emotions, of hope and renewal yet of apprehension.

Zebra Dove 
Juvy Brown-throated Sunbird

Brown-throated Sunbird

No comments: