Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 31 October 2017

A Kite and its fish

It's definitely no sharing between these two Brahminy Kites, even as mates.  I first saw one perching (and look like it spotted me too), then the mate came although I didn't realise there was a fish at claw.  Then it looked like the earlier one had to give way to the one with the prize.


It took me a while to realise there were two Kites here until the earlier one flew off.


Then the feasting began and this Kite seemed to take longer to finish off a fish compared to being with a rodent (as my earlier encounter with the Kite with a rodent showed the Kite finishing off the rodent within minutes as at http://rimbakiara.blogspot.my/2017/08/a-kite-and-its-feast.html).








The Kite preparing to fly off with an unfinished fish, the fish still in its claw.



It looked like an aborted flight but it did take off eventually and too sudden and unexpected for me to photograph its flight.


No comments: