Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 30 October 2017

A lesson learnt with the Waterhen

When I saw this White-breasted Waterhen it was busy calling out.  When I came round again it looked like one leg was hooked on to something in the water which had me rather worried.  So I approached it thinking that I could perhaps try to release it, and then I believed I made a terrible mistake, as it suddenly took off, to my relief though.  It could have been fishing or trying to fool the fishes to come close to it by standing still and I had to butt in!
     It was so busy calling out that it did not mind me walking past and stopping to take shots at it, which is rare.  But it's a rare occasion I treasure as it enabled me to get sharper images.









It was in this awkward pose for a few minutes which fooled me, and did not even move when I stopped to take these photos.  Ah well, another lesson learned!




No comments: