Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Thursday 26 October 2017

Teeny weeny flora grass and bee

I spent a good part of my time watching a little bee having a sweet time among the teeny weeny flowers of the wild grass.   Before that, I was absolutely thrilled to find that the bushes of wild grass are growing well, and even more thrilled to discover that these carry tiny pretty flowers.
These wild grasses should ripen in no time and draw our winged friends soon.




I thought this was it when I spotted this gorgeous dragonfly, not realising that I was in for a further treat when I zeroed in on a couple of tiny bees flying amidst the grasses.


This was the bush of wild grass that had attracted the bees.



Such pretty lanterns of flowers.


And then this particular bee had my full attention as it was pretty challenging trying to take shots of it, as it hardly settled down for more than a second.  And then it was like an addiction when I couldn't stop trying to better each shot.
















No comments: